13 May 2010

Biennale

I intend this weekend to venture forth into the world of Biennale of SinCity. I do this for reasons multiple:

1) I wish to receive a dose of artistic radiation that may prove fatal to my philistine urges.
2) I wish to provide an energy boost to any scant creative urges I may have lurking in my own psyche.
3) I wish to at least temporarily escape the logical and uninspired world I inhabit.

If all goes well I will discover myself on the isle of the cockatoo's where I believe is housed several creations of talented folk. I shall steal their abilities and return to the Rockdalian Centre of Operations where I shall produce stunning and lucrative masterpieces which will set me up for life.

I have decided that this marks the beginning of an interest in what is termed as "Installation Art". I am intending to study this genre, and conduct a crusade to examine as many examples as possible. I want to understand, to see the point of it, love it and hate it. It is hoped that one day I may be able to indulge in transforming the Rockdalian CoO into such a space, as it is currently considered a minimalistic blank canvas. Although perhaps it is not, perhaps it speaks of bachelorisms with the brown leather couch, the uncluttered kitchen, the fucking big television, the slightly unclean bathroom, and the 12 pack of jonnies in the top drawer by the bed.... with 12 unused jonnies therein.

Forward, with eager eyes open!

3 comments:

  1. Stephen did installation art

    http://www.mca.com.au/default.asp?page_id=10&content_id=2504

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biennale is also a great venue for picking up art students which you can then install in close range to the 12 pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nursemyra... I do hope to see some of Stephen's work one day. I'm finding the genre increasingly interesting.

    Mitzi... Now wouldn't that be the ultimate example of creative expressionism. I'm sure you would agree that sex is art, and art is sex.

    ReplyDelete