05 June 2010

A Desirous Date with a Crepe


Irritability, it descends upon one at various moments for usually ridiculous reasons. I found myself in SinCity central today, nerd/geek levels bubbling high, in pursuit of a new toy to call my own. You may declare me sad and tragic but I along with many others was lusting after a shiny new iPad without success as it seems demand had well and truly outstripped supply. Not even if I had a face full of acne and sinus irritability would it convince the gods of gadgets that I was geek enough to be delivered salvation in the form of the sexy slate.

I plonked myself down in the Myer food court, as brunch beckoned, disgusted with myself for falling for this stupid consumerist trap. I soon made the decision "Fuck 'em, if they can't give me what I want, they can wait for my money". My stomach, bless it be, rumbled agreement and suggested an alternative desire. I agreed and after a short negotiation settled on a crepe. Happiness and pleasure was soon to replace my ill feeling.

If you have something to say against the crepe, express it now and then forever hold your peace. I settled on a filling of prosciutto, cheese, chopped tomato, Spanish onion and rocket. I wish to express the fact that every mouthful sent a wonderful shiver up my spine, in a way similar to the shiver one gets while indulging in a bit of the other. I think having an orgasm in the Myer food court from eating a crepe would be rather poor form, and luckily I can control myself when I need to. I think it may be necessary to release unto the world a small bit of information which I hope is not used against me. Not only do I like crepe's, I also like pancakes. I especially like pancakes drenched with golden syrup. I like pancakes drenched with golden syrup so much that I would happily give up my search for an iPad and eat golden syrup drenched pancakes instead.

As you can see, my mind does have its peculiarities.

7 comments:

  1. I prefer the savoury crepe to the sweet pancake. But cover either of them in whipped cream and I'm yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger the pancakes. Cover me with whipped cream and I'm...

    Actually, what if you cover me with pancakes in the midst of a seduction attempt? Don't know if anyone's tried that before. Sounds so sultry I might try it now.

    (And you say you're peculiar...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nurse.... I agree, savoury is a preference. I am however slightly greedy and want both. And yes a dollop of cold cream on hot anything takes the cake :)

    Tim... What about a giant crepe that you roll yourself up in like a roll of carpet. Don't think you've discovered some new type of kink, as I'm sure there is an interest group online somewhere who already indulge in this type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the funniest iPad postings I've read. And yes, something about breakfast food gets the breathing heavy. And makes you feel like a ton of bricks afterward. Glad you enjoyed it. Seems that Bloggin' Boots was in the same area. Did you get a chance to catch up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to report my geek-lust has been satiated and I write this on a shiny new iPad. I am caressing the device, but only because that's how you are supposed to use it.

    BB and myself have been fortunate enough to find ourselves in the same locale at the same time on several occasions. A very highly valued friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have ipad envy (even if it does sound like a feminine hygiene product). Those ads on bus shelters are not helping.

    Isn't it time you updated?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Envy should be harnessed and used as motivation Shelley. Save up those pennies as it is a jolly little toy to have.

    And yes, my posting frequency is rather poor. I must improve on this.

    ReplyDelete