13 March 2011

Aerophilia

Aghast, once again struck by the ability of people to build things wonderous. Raw noise, many thousands of horsepower with not a horse in sight as this was no place for mortal creatures to exhibit. Avalon, not the beautiful song but the venue for many mechanical beasties that snub their metallic noses at gravitational concepts. I and senior familia were there for what is no less than a pilgrimage adopted every second year.


Oh yes, I indeed paid a degree of heed to such issues of carbon footprints and the perversion of drooling over machines of war, but I am satisfied in my weakness and not so naive to think that one turned head will change such matters. Along with thousand hundred others the indulgement was a festival of aerial speed, size and verbosity. We stood firmly upon the ground as the stars of the show did not. An orgy involving the conversion of avgas to action amid aerial exploits.


Will I return in another years two? Ofcourse.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure there's no reason why air travel can't become more ozone-friendly. I predict Willie Nelson will turn up at Avalon next time toting bottles of bio-diesel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, but not in the foreseeable. Till then we will have to deal with the guilt as best we can.

    ReplyDelete