03 April 2010

A Story Untitled - Part One


Traipsing upon an emerald isle, after many a mile,
I've decided that I am lost,
Directions are needed, they will be heeded,
Whatever be the cost.

For the road seems to be long, if indeed I'm not wrong,
Although the land is a pleasant green,
And the sun it does shine, and the breeze is sublime,
But my destination simply fails to be seen.

Then in the distance, I stare with insistance,
And see a farming chap,
A break into a trot, hoping directions he's got,
some knowledge I may tap.

"'Scuse me my friend, I hope you can lend,
some advice while I stand here and dwell,
I seek directions to ramble, no longer can I gamble,
To get to the Tawdry Traveller Hotel?"

"Aye I can" says he, "Help you to see,
The path to the place that you seek,
Walk the way through that field, and your fate will be sealed,
You'll be there before the middle of next week".

With thanks he was blessed, and with knowledge I possessed,
I commenced to cross the field,
My confidence was stronger, 'twouldn't be much longer,
And my efforts would begin to yield.

And then walking with pace, I footed the wrong place,
and tumbled into a terrible tangle,
The pain it did mame, a break would feel same,
I'd twisted my wretched ankle.

Seated upon the ground, upon my bad luck I frowned,
My injury glowing with heat,
When from the corner of my eye, I happened to spy,
A girl walking towards me to meet.

Dressed in light blue, with skin alabastered hue,
She wore a shock of red hair,
Stunning to see, anyone would agree,
My pain was suddenly of little care.

"Are you hurt?" she enquired, my lust stoked and fired,
"I'm fine" I replied with a lie,
"Then this is for thee", and she gave to me,
A sprig of honeysuckle rye.

Before I could claim, her story or her name,
She left without saying more,
I watched her depart, with a pain in my heart,
And an ankle that was not so very sore.

...to be continued

5 comments:

  1. I sometimes think of those who crossed my path and insighted some sort of wild affection but disappeared just as quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can be hard to catch Gropius, it requires quick action and wits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be sung to the tune of a fiddle accompanied by pints of stout. You can feel the very mists themselves cloaking the heathered terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your ankle seemed fine today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitzi... a fiddle yes, but also a tin whistle and a banjo if you please. I've done the lyrics, you can take care of the tune.

    nursemyra... the pain comes and goes sadly. The chili peppers at lunch must of had a medicinal effect.

    ReplyDelete