17 January 2009

The Heart of the Matter


I've just finished watching a programme on the history of cardiac surgery that included some rather graphic scenes of surgery procedures. I've always been fascinated by the way that a surgeon almost seems to be working on a piece of machinery albeit incredibly delicate (and a little messy). It's when I see things like this that I question the idea that "things should be left to nature" and we "shouldn't meddle with gods work". Medical advancement is a true example of mankinds desire to help one another even though it would be easier not to.

I was fiddling around with some online photo editing websites today and fed an image through a website that converts it into an andy warhol-like piece of art. Perhaps a little tacky, but I quite like it. Outrageous colour is a gift and I really want to brighten up the blog a bit.

Todays shout out goes to Jeremy Clarkson. Oh yes, he certainly isn't everyones cup of tea, and he does have an arrogant streak in him as long as a motorway. But I enjoy reading his columns in the "Times Online", part standup comedian, part rock and roll, but always amusing and ready to upset someone who takes themselves just a little too seriously.

Todays shout down goes to the movie "Meet Dave" starring (!) Eddie Murphy. To think that I spent precious time watching that steaming pile of god-awful drivel. I still can't understand why a talented comedian like Mr. Murphy who can have his pick of the projects could possibly get involved in such material that befouls our television screens. Boo !

"A Beautiful Heart", by Dan the VespaMan.

The continual pump that is part of me,
My core, my soul, my life,
It feels good to know there are people who,
can help if you are under the knife.

To push the boundaries of technology,
Should always be our aim,
Because win or lose, neither matter,
Just how we play the game.

Thankyou Jeremy for the laughs, thankyou doctors for keeping us laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Last night I watched a show on Channel 4 called Half Ton Son. It repulsed me.

    ReplyDelete